Sunday 12 February 2012


Who are you? What’s your personality type? Are you Amiable, Analytical, a Driver or Expressive?
To conclude my blog, I wanted to share a video of Peter actually giving a presentation so that you could see the master himself. Instead, I stumbled across a Personality Quiz that Peter developed. If you’re wondering how this all relates to Peter Urs Bender’s insight on being an effective leader and communicator, take this 5 minute quiz. You’ll be intrigued with what you learn about yourself.
When Peter said that you must be able to relate to your audience, I think he meant that you must be able to connect to them. How best to do this depends on your personality type and those that you are trying to connect to.  Whether you are presenting to a group of people or are meeting one on one with someone, understanding their personality as well as you own will allow you to relate better to them and affect positively you’re performance and future relationship with them.
Quiz at http://www.peterursbender.com/quiz/                 
My personality type is ‘Amiable’. I’m not surprised but I never thought that understanding the personality types of others was so important.  What even surprised me more was what I need to do to better connect with people.  The article says that I need to step out of my comfort zone and become closer to the personality type that I want to connect to. Why, because “The further away you are from someone on the personality grid the more difficult it is to relate to them.” (“Understanding/Working with Others,” n.d.)
Now it all makes sense … I wish everyone the best in their pursuit of wisdom and happiness. Never give up hope on what you want to accomplish. Good Luck everyone! 

References:

About Peter Urs Bender. (n.d.). Tips for Understanding and Working with others. Retrieved from http://www.peterursbender.com/quiz/tips.html

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Blog work. You successfully tie in Peter Urs Benders philosophy that “My past was perfect to get me where I am today” throughout your blog. I particularly enjoyed how you peppered your posts with personal experience while keeping the tone light and conversational. It was an effective way of pointing out the impact that he had on those he influenced, yourself included.
    It was also interesting how you didn’t conclude with his death – which is often how people tend to end biographic material. I found it especially clever that you ended with a personality survey that talked about what you learned about yourself, inviting the reader to do the same in order to learn how to be an effective leader/communicator. Despite his passing, we can still learn a great deal from him. Well done

    ReplyDelete